The Department for International Relations strengthens its international tides with our...
As EPF is spreading in France, a new eco-friendly building has been built on our Paris Campus.
On the 10th of january, EPF has welcomed its very first students on its new campus in...
During 3 days, EPF will welcome 2...
EPF's French-German programme
EPF offers a unique French-German programme in cooperation with the Munich Hochschule. It leads to a unique joint French-German degree in production and automation (CTI-/ASIIN Akkreditiert-accredited).
EPF quickly became aware that our international environment would play a key role, which is why, for nearly 20 years, it has taken an active part in the development of European higher education.
As a pioneer in setting up the upper-level French-German joint degree with the Munich Hochschule, EPF offers an original 5-year programme with a binational curriculum and that leads to several different degrees:
- A German Bachelor's degree granted by the Munich Hochschule
- An EPF Engineering Degree in production and automation
- A German Master's degree in "Produktion und Automatisierung"
- A degree from UFA, Université Franco-Allemande
THE Munich Hochschule
The Munich HM, founded in 1971, has 17,000 students and 470 faculty members. It offers four main courses of study: Scientific & Technical Studies, Industrial Engineering, Economics and Social Sciences.
The HM-EPF cooperation concerns the "Scientific & Technical" department.
Its main areas of research focus on industrial design, precision mechanics, instrumentation, automation, organisation and production management. The majority of faculty members are heads of research laboratories.
- Training trilingual engineers who are ready for the realities of global exchange and management in an intercultural environment;
- Providing unrivalled education and advice to students, through small classes split half-and-half between French and German students.
To meet these general objectives, the curriculum alternates between countries each year:
- A 7-semester period with a concentration on fundamental scientific and technical coursework, leading up to the Bachelor's degree.
- A 3-semester period leading up to the joint degree (Master's level).
- Scientific and technical coursework, including engineering tools such as statistics, applied mathematics, mechanics, electronics, IT, automation and production management, logistics, etc.
- Coursework on business, companies and their economic environement: project management, business methods, industrial organisation, law, management, innovation, marketing, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Languages: excellent understanding of German language and culture. A good level in English, with at least B2 level at the end of the curriculum;
- Work on a personal project;
- A total of 5 evaluated internships (at least 16 months total).
Applying to the French-German programme
The French-German programme is accessible to french EPF applicants and german Hochschule applicants with a concentration in science, in their final year of secondary school or their first year of university, with a good level of German.