The program of the Engineering Summer School of EPF & ESTP comprises 2 modules.
- The fisrt module focuses on topics such as eco-cities and smart cities, city planning, spatial planning and economic issues for sustainable development (Paris campuses).
- The second module will focus on practical application using innovative teaching methods and modern technology. Workshops will include topics such as engineering for durable cities and buildings, energy efficiency in buildings, materials and structure for building’s preservation or thermal comfort (Troyes campus).
All students will take courses of French as a Foreign Language and cultural visits will contribute to a perfect understanding of the local social and professional environment.
Students will receive 6 ECTS credits for participating to the program.
An evaluation of students will take place at the end of each of the 2 modules.
Among the topics :
- Eco cities/smart cities: on overview of smart cities/projects in Europe
- City planning/spatial planning/architecture for the future
- Economic issues for sustainable development
- Engineering for durable cities and buildings
- Thermal comfort and indoor climate
- Energy efficiency in buildings
- Materials and structure for Building’s preservation
The 2-week workshop in module 2 will be based on a real case study suggested by the division of Urban and Sustainable Planning of Troyes.
Professional and cultural events, field trips, the visit of smart buildings, a historic tour of Paris and Troyes city centers will complete the Summer School’s academic program.