BI-NATIONAL DEGREE PROGRAMMES
EPF'S FRANCE-QUEBEC PROGRAMME
The international dimension of EPF's generalist engineering degree is one of our great strengths. We have excellent relationships with our academic partners around the world, thanks to our decisions and our constant concern for being open towards the outside world.
In addition to our obligation that students spend one semester abroad, EPF has introduced a bi-national programme accessible starting in the first year.
AN ORIGINAL PROGRAMME WITH QUEBEC.
Students make their decision to enrol in this programme from the beginning of their first year at EPF . Selected students may go abroad starting in their 2nd year, to the Mechanical Engineering department at the Université de Sherbrooke, in Quebec, for an entire academic year.
The French-speaking Université de Sherbrooke is located 150 km east of Montréal, 25 km from the US border, in an area surrounded by lakes and mountains. It was founded in 1954, and has approximately 21,000 students today. It is divided into 2 campuses and 9 departments, and it is home to outstanding dormitories and cultural and sporting facilities.
- 1st year at EPF, on the Sceaux site, in a small group that studies a special curriculum in preparation for the Quebec exchange.
- 2nd year in Sherbrooke's Mechanical Engineering school, with an internship (possibly in Quebec).
- 3rd year at EPF Sceaux, still in the special Quebec curriculum, with canadian students.
- 4th and 5th years at EPF in a general curriculum with a focus on "Industrial Engineering".
- Students may then continue by adding one semester of studies to get a Canadian Master's degree.
This unique experience is based on criteria specific to this programme: small class sizes (maximum 30 students), an enriching international experience, bicultural study groups, four internships.
HOW TO APPLY TO THE FRANCE- QUEBEC PROGRAMME
The programme is accessible to french EPF applicants with a concentration in science, in their final year of secondary school or their first year of university, with a good level of English.