The CTI (French Engineering Education Commission) audit carried out at the end of the year 2018 on the three EPF Campuses – Sceaux, Troyes and Montpellier – led to a 5-year maximum reaccreditation of all EPF’s engineering degrees : General Engineering Degree, Double Franco-German Degree in Production & Automation and both Information Systems and Industrial Engineering apprenticeship degrees in Sceaux and Montpellier.
An innovative and committed school where students are key to the project
As for the institution, the CTI recommended that skill-based training should continue developing and extend it to the entire preparatory cycle on the model of Year 3 and Master cycle. The system of point allocation relating to school life should be rethought and simplified with regard to the strong increase of associations’ actions, students’ projects and campus development. Particular attention was given to the quality of infrastructures and sports facilities, an essential aspect of EPF’s strategic project for the 2018-2023 period.
As for trainings, several recommendations were made:
- Regarding the engineering degree in Information Systems and industrial Engineering based on apprenticeship (Sceaux & Montpellier):
- Promote apprentices’ student commitment on the model of students from general and binational trainings
- Involve Teachers and Teacher-researchers in apprentices’ tutorship
- Increase the development of apprentices’ language skills by offering classes in English and go beyond the sole preparation of TOEIC
- Regarding the Franco-German double degree in Production and Automation:
- Further integrate ethics and societal implications of the 4.0 Industry in general into courses
- Consider innovative recruiting processes of students in Germany in collaboration with Munich’s Hochschule, with the help of companies.