Summer School 2023
Sustainable Cities of the Future
Sustainable Cities of the Future
Sustainable Cities of the Future - The technologies of nature
Bio-city | Bio-architecture | Bio-energy | Circular bio-society
Our EPF Summer School is back in July 2023, along with our partner school ESTP Paris!
Innovation, engineering, architecture, and ecology are brought together in an exciting two-week summer program. Come and explore how sustainable thinking can be inspired by the laws of nature and to explore how technology can contribute to creating sustainable cities for the future.
Built around the topics of Bioenergy, Bio-Architecture, Bio-Technology and Circular economy and Bio-Society, the 2023 summer school is a journey from theory to practice experienced on campus, in companies and research laboratories, in nature, and in cities.
6 reasons to join the Summer School
- Earn 3.5 ECTS
- Be part of an integrative and multidisciplinary approach to the topic and latest materials and technologies applied to the field of bio-architecture and bio-urbanism presented by French and international experts from universities, research institutions and companies
- Have fun while enjoying a multicultural and multidisciplinary experience and start creating your futurea
- Visit research laboratories and companies and be inspired by firsthand professionals
- Build an international professional network
- Enrich your profile with cultural visits and field trips
We invite students from engineering, architectural, urbanistic, environmental, and
societal studies, or related fields to join us for an innovative, multidisciplinary and
exciting two-week summer program!
The academic program includes, but is not limited to, the following themes and
- System thinking and introduction to the laws of nature and their applicability in architecture and urban planning
- Sustainable Energy in the cities of the future: Bioenergy: biomass, biofuel; Solar Energy, Energy Supply & Management, smart grids
- Bio-architecture, regenerative architecture, and bio-urbanism: artificial intelligence in urban planning, sustainable materials and AI-based applications in sustainable material development, 3D printing for sustainable architecture, netzero carbon construction
- Bio-society, Bio-metric technology and circular economy in the cities of the future
The program includes 25 hours/week
- Research laboratories and company visits
Upon success, students may obtain a certificate and credits ECTS.
More detailed information on the program will come.
Our campuses in Paris
EPF campus and our partner schools, ESTP Paris, are located in Cachan (minutes away from the center of Paris by subway) on green lands where teaching and research activities are organized. Students’ life is energizing since students may benefit from sports facilities, a residence, and restaurants close to the premises.
A limited number of rooms may be available on campus.
The program fee of €1 500 for the two weeks covers:
- Tuition and documentation
- Welcome and farewell events
- Access to EPF and ESTP Paris facilities on both Cachan and Troyes campuses
- Free internet access
- Official program certificate
- Cultural and social events
Accommodation is not covered but may be arranged per request.
Living expenses, individual insurances and visa fees are not included.
You want to learn more about the Summer School program? Check the replay of the live video chat below.