Publié le 17/01/2018
RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY PLATFORMS
EPF has created research and technology platforms in Sceaux, Troyes and Montpellier campuses. Places of exchange between pedagogy, research, and innovation, the research and technology platforms are dedicated to scientific and technological projects.
The GREEN plateform is dedicated to environmental chemistry issues. It includes the following elements:
- Rapid controlled precipitation bench and Biologic SP200 electrochemical bench (cyclic voltammetry, impedance);
- Biologic quartz microbalance gravimetric measuring bench (scaling, biofilm);
- Infrared (Perkin Elmer Frontier) and UV-visible (Dr. Lange-Xion 500) spectroscopy and water treatment loop which simulates the steps of coagulation and flocculation;
- Production of ultrapure water (resistivity of 18.3 MΩ.cm) and chemistry hood with CO2 bottle.
ERMESS platform (2021)
The ERMESS platform will have the following resources in mechanics and biomechanics:
- Test hall of mechanics (1.100 ft2) with:
- Additive manufacturing machines;
- Testing / pulling machine;
- Deformation field measurements;
- 4-node computing cluster DELL, modeling and simulation of structures and manufacturing processes (ABAQUS, ZEBULON, CAST3M).
- Hall of motion analysis (1.100 ft2) with:
- Fast recording cameras;
- Mats of strength;
- Embedded inertial measurement system.
Additive fabrication platform
The Additive fabrication olatform in Troyes is involved in innovative projects such as smart materials, surface treatments of metal parts, custom orthotics obtained by 3D printing and other research projects. It includes the following elements:
- 8 printers (including a color printer);
- 1 metallic 3D printer (project);
- 2 3D scanners and related software resources.
More information: Julien GARDAN - firstname.lastname@example.org
BBC+ platform (energy efficiency and comfort)
The BBC + platform (EPF / URCA collaboration) focuses on the energy behavior of the building, integrating the comfort of the user. It includes the following elements:
- The EPF building instrumented with temperature / CO2 sensors, GTC, HVAC equipment, PV panels, Canadian well, and rainwater recovery.
- An internal biclimatic cell, prototype of a RT2020 house composed of hot and cold zones.
- An instrumented manikin;
- An external rotating cell (mid 2020).
More information: Abdelatif MERABTINE - email@example.com
The ENERGY’LAB platform is dedicated to energy issues. It includes the following elements:
- The METIR (Multiscale Thermal Metrology) hall with the CTCM bench (thermal characterization of thin layers) and, in project, the THERMODIAG bench (Infrared Thermal Diagnostics). METIR is a center of expertise in multi-scale IR thermal metrology, intended to allow the thermal characterization (up to high temperatures) of materials (isotropic or anisotropic) ranging from the wall (single or multilayer) to thin-layers, the quantitative thermal diagnosis IR (CND, thermal losses,...), and the estimation of thermal sources (flows and volume sources).
More information: Christophe RODIET - firstname.lastname@example.org
In project: a cell (mid 2020) to study of the adequacy between production and real energy need of the building. This cell would be equipped with TH PV panels, electrochemical storage and an energy management system.
More information: Sandrine PINCEMIN - email@example.com